Formulated in 1934, the Social Action program was conceived by Bro. Elmo M. Anderson to focus on improving the general well being of minority groups. The mission of the International Social Action Program is to encourage social, political and philanthropic leadership that strengthens our respective communities and our membership by:
- Educating Fraternity members on health issues affecting them and their families
- Increasing visibility and sense of self-worth by/through serving in the community
- Providing unified efforts that address political and community issues and increasing
awarness of the legislative process
- Involving the membership in fund raising activities that support organizations that share
- Promoting health awareness in an effort to prevent health challenges amongst our
For More information about our Meningitis initiative Project S.A.M. (Sigmas Against Meningitis) please click on the link and go to our Project S.A.M. Page.